[Durham] file corruption

Andrew Glass andrewglass3 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 21:45:12 UTC 2012

Hi again! :P

Have many of you used afp namely netatalk and avahi to advertise shares to macs?

Ive noticed a lot of files that i transferred to my server are corrupt? Which concerns me a little, well a lot....

In my afpd.conf file within /etc/netatalk I had set the last option to use - -udp for transfers rather than tcp.  I did this to aid in speed however I believe that by using udp due to the lack of error checking etc I may have caused this problem myself....  Has anybody else had this issue?  Could that have been the cause?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Andy