[Durham] Wake on Lan over Internet

Andrew Glass andrewglass3 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 20:50:41 UTC 2012

Hey

Got a bit of a problem that I would love to solve??

I bought an app from the apple store called iNet WOL that says it allows wake on lan over the internet.  Unfortunately I cant seem to get it to work (I know its difficult due to the inherent security risks).   I can get it to work locally but via opened ports on the router = no go.

Ive even tried building a small l2tp ipsec vpn on the dreamplug so i can vpn in first.  However the app still doesnt resume my server from s3 halt.

Has anyone else at Durham LUG managed to get WOL working over the internet previously?  If you have, Id love a few pointers please?? :D

Cheers

Andy