[Durham] Wireless router recommendations

Martin Ward martin at gkc.org.uk
Sun Sep 2 16:25:56 UTC 2012

My venerable WRT54G-TM, running Mega DD-WRT, seems to have
lost its wireless capability: the wireless network cannot be seen
by any of my wireless devices. Also the "Enable Info Site"
setting has started to reset itself periodically,
so I am looking for a replacement.

Wireless routers seem to follow an "inverse Moore's Law"
in which later models have steadily *less* memory
than earlier ones:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linksys_WRT54G_series

The WRT54G-TM model (which has the most memory)
is becoming hard to find.

What is a suitable replacement?

My main requirement is that it run SNMP, so that I can
use gkrellm to check on upload and download speeds,
but something which can run the mega version of dd-wrt
would be preferred.

--
			Martin

STRL Reader in Software Engineering and Royal Society Industry Fellow
martin at gkc.org.uk  http://www.cse.dmu.ac.uk/~mward/  Erdos number: 4
G.K.Chesterton web site: http://www.cse.dmu.ac.uk/~mward/gkc/
Mirrors:  http://www.gkc.org.uk  and  http://www.gkc.org.uk/gkc