[Durham] An off-peak rebooting MAC

Dougie Nisbet dougie at highmoor.co.uk
Wed Aug 21 18:04:07 UTC 2013

Well here's a puzzler. Not Linux. OSX. A 12 year old MAC server (xserve)
has, for the last three days, being rebooting continuously overnight.
Between 6PM and 6AM, roughly. Bizarre. No cron jobs. There's a hardware
log file in /var/log that suggest possible read errors on a disk in Bay
2 - which doesn't seem to be doing anything useful. But it's the
neatness of the reboots that intrigues me. I'm watching with interest to
see if it gets back to work tomorrow about 6'ish!