[Durham] Netgear DG834

Ian McKeag i.h.mckeag at gmail.com
Thu Aug 22 10:56:23 UTC 2013

Hello All,

When I log into my DG834 (no wifi) router via the LAN address the login
is successful but only part of the admin page is displayed.  The frame
and background colours are painted and the left menus is present but
incomplete; the remaining boxes are blank; the rightmost column is
absent. The page never loads completely; the exact point where it hangs
varies but never beyond the end of the menu.

This behaviour is consistent with all browsers including konqueror.

The bowser status bar reads "Transfer data from 192.168....." and the
cursor shows busy.  Mouse over displayed menu items shows the target URL
in the status bar.

Needless to say that no admin is possible.

The alternative access via http://www.routerlogin.net doesn't resolve.

This is specific to my desktop running up-to-date Wheezy/KDE/Plasma;
static IP.  Other internet activity seems unaffected.

I can access and administer the router normally from my raspberry pi.

The last thing I did was install "gnuradio" from the main repository,
which included rather a lot of dependencies.  I have since purged
"gnuradio" and its dependencies so far as I can tell but to no avail.

????
Ian.