[Durham] Meeting Reminder: Tuesday 21st May, 19:30 Durham Rowing Club

Dougie Nisbet dougie at highmoor.co.uk
Mon May 27 15:38:54 UTC 2013

On 21/05/13 10:01, Dougie Nisbet wrote:
> If anyone's interested in possible themes for tonight I'd like to hear
> people's thoughts on Revision/Version Control Systems. I'm thinking
> more for just my own use for shell scripts mostly but I guess these
> things are flexible enough for most types of file changes. In the past
> I've used SCCS but that's a long time ago.

Thanks for the responses on and off-list and at the meeting on this. I'm
going to give git a go (try saying that after a few pints of Black
Sheep). It's massive overkill for my needs but probably the most useful
one to learn. I do like the idea of being able to track any file, not
just code. There seems to be tons of free notes and tutorials on the web
too.

cheers,

Dougie