[Durham] About last night ...

Dougie Nisbet dougie at highmoor.co.uk
Sat Nov 30 22:18:03 UTC 2013

I had replied to this thread but found it lurking unsent in the outbox
of my iPad. There's a moral there somewhere.

Anyway, thankyou and yes, it's all working now. As the saying goes, when
you've eliminated the impossible, them whatever's left, no matter how
improbable, must be the truth. So when an identical macbook pro didn't
work, it dawned on me that the macbook I brought to the pub had not been
shutdown since then. It was suspended and the same instance of mysql was
still running. A side-by-side 'show variables' with the pub-macbook soon
showed the glaring difference.

Still some work to do. e.g. was tempted to push it live but stumbled
upon http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.htmlspecialchars.php#112476
where function htmlspecialchars returns null. That could've been
embarrassing.

But all looking good!

thanks and see you in January.

Dougie