[Durham] Checking mini pci board on old laptop

Martin Ward martin at gkc.org.uk
Fri Aug 15 14:51:25 UTC 2014

The modem is probably a "winmodem" which has most of the functions
implemented in software, and the software is only available for Windows
(hence the name). Some of them were reverse-engineered for Linux,
but you might be out of luck.

I believe that the Toshiba 1710 CDS has USB ports: in which case
you could use a USB ethernet adapter to get onto your network.
I might have an old one lying around, but they sell for as little as 99p
including postage on Ebay.

--
			Martin

Dr Martin Ward STRL Principal Lecturer & Reader in Software Engineering
martin at gkc.org.uk  http://www.cse.dmu.ac.uk/~mward/  Erdos number: 4
G.K.Chesterton web site: http://www.cse.dmu.ac.uk/~mward/gkc/
Mirrors:  http://www.gkc.org.uk  and  http://www.gkc.org.uk/gkc