[Durham] Fwd: Checking mini pci board on old laptop

Oliver Burnett-Hall olly at burnett-hall.co.uk
Fri Aug 15 15:28:42 UTC 2014

>> b)      I do not know how to check whether the system can even see
>the board and whether it is loading drivers for it.

If the card is connected correctly then it should show up when you run 'lspci' from the command line (you may been to be root or use su/sudo for this).

If it's connected and has the right driver available then by running 'ifconfig -a' (again you might need to be root) you should be able to see the interface, probably eth0.

Once you've confirmed that's all working then you should be able to find out which way to connect the internal Ethernet cable by trial and error.

--
— olly