[Durham] BT Openreach Fibre modem

Andrew Glass andrewglass3 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 12:37:04 UTC 2014

Hey guys wondered if you could help me please?

Just moved to my new house down here in Yorkshire and my girlfriend has
fibre with BT.  I dont want to use the Homehub5 as port forwarding is
broken.

BT inform me they cant install a traditional fibre, wall mounted openreach
modem on the wall as the homehub 5 has it built in.

I dont want to use the hh5 as I cant open ports so I can access my server
from outside.  Even though the rules are set in port forwarding, they are
still locked/stealth on shields up.

Therefore this weekend, when I was moving furniture I brought my bt
openreach modem from Durham down and tried it.  I flashed it with the new
SP10 modded firmware and I can access the web console on lan2.  Its shows
its connected but is on completely different ips than what the homhub5 will
give and as such I have no internet access.

The modem will show that its connected with sync speeds of 120 down and 40
up, but completely different ip gateway and dns.

I think this is due to it being previously on Talktalk back in Durham.

Im therefore feeling a bit stuck.

Does anyone have any ideas about either getting the modem functioning
correctly? Or should I try buying one off ebay that has been connected to a
bt service rather than talktalk.  Or can you recommend a different brand of
router that would work for me with the modem built in please?  Cost has to
be kept as low as possible.

Finally - anyone else ever managed to get the homehub5 to port forward?

Cheers

Andy