[Durham] Reminder: Meeting next Tuesday

mark mark at aktivix.org
Thu Sep 11 11:00:51 UTC 2014

Hi everyone,

Richard's asked me to send out this month's reminder. Durham LUG meets
next Tuesday (Sept 16th) at our usual venue, the Amateur Rowing Club,
from 7.30 PM.

I know we don't usually have an agenda as such, but there are a couple
of things coming up which we should probably talk about (feel free to
add suggestions of your own):

Software freedom day
- --------------------

It's on Sept 20th (the Saturday after our meeting) and I don't know of
anything happening in Durham to mark it. So I suggested we tidy up the
'what inspires you about FLOSS' thing [1] and put it on the blog as a
group-authored piece, so at least we will have done something. If you
do know any SFD events happening in Durham, please let the list know.

CryptoParty
- -----------

The mission is to give basic cryptographic tools to the masses,
reclaim the human right of privacy, and have fun. Thanks to DARC's
generous offer of a classroom, our October (21st) meeting is going to
be a cryptoparty [2]. Think of it as a themed meeting, with cake,
extra promotion and hopefully lots of new people coming. The exact
shape and size of it depends on who volunteers to do what, and whether
we invite anyone else (e.g. open rights group) to come and play.

That's all for now,
Mark

[1] http://piratepad.net/0FjDbClgpj
[2] https://www.cryptoparty.in/durham

(both of these are open for editing by anyone)