[Durham] Help

A Pearson a.pearsonx at zen.co.uk
Wed Apr 27 19:14:36 UTC 2016

Hi Barry

Thanks for your help. Yes it is a desktop as I find them more flexible and they last longer. Being retired I do not need portability
No it was not the Lubuntu problem as I checked the keys and they were putting out what was on the label.  I had used a special character , £, on the first install but took this out subsequently when it did not appear on the Mint virtual keyboard.

On the boot loader I got caught on this about ten year ago with SUSE when I used to come to the group so I know now the problem and try to avoid it. I had not seen any way round this but if you have an article and its not too much bother to locate it then it would be worth knowing about.

Regards
Alan