[Durham] Distro choice, servers/cloud

Rob Swan robertdavidswan at hotmail.com
Wed May 1 20:14:10 UTC 2019

Ex Debian fan here ;)

Still use Debian, with KDE, on desktop - big fan and have invested much in it which I can't really afford to loose right now.

Maybe a few months out of touch with mainstream Linux, but I'm just not a big fan of the way the whole Linux world is emerging - it's like everyone wants to have their 'moment' and I see instability and direction changes for political (not technical) reasons, and I don't like it.  Mainy for that reason I'm warming increasingly to BSD (FreeBSD for me, but I'm open to 'Open') - am I a 'defector'?

So put me down as Free BSD, just to mix things up :P

Rob