[Durham] UEFI and grub2 booting

Martin Ward martin at gkc.org.uk
Wed Mar 11 21:46:33 UTC 2020

I have a new PC which came with Windows 10 and I have installed
Mageia 7 so that it can dual boot between the two.
It has several disk drives, one has an EFI partition
and a Windows partition, another has the Linux root partition
I boot from, which has a /boot/grub2 directory.

I want to set up a third drive with another EFI partition,
a Linux root partition and with a backup of /home, so that I can
boot from this drive into Linux in case of emergency.

What do I need to do to make this work?

I have created an EFI partition and copied all the files
from the original, but the motherboard only offers to boot
Windows from this drive, not Linux.

--
			Martin

Dr Martin Ward | Email: martin at gkc.org.uk | http://www.gkc.org.uk