[Glastonbury] The Glastonbury Linux Users Group

Kelvin McNulty kelvinm at gcircle.co.uk
Mon Apr 28 10:49:00 2003

Dear Everyone,

Do let me know when there is a meeting at the school...

I have SuSE Linux 8.0 on one machine - with a completely smashed up Konqu=
eror,=20
it just gradually failed to do one thing after another until it became=20
completely useless even for looking at local files...

and 8.1 on another machine which will not access the Web reliably...

and 8.1 on a third machine, where I got it to access the Web reliably by=20
moving a script from the 8.0 to replace the one that the 8.1 installed. B=
ut=20
this trick did not work on the one above...

Linux - great system, I love it, but it is not very user friendly... if a=
nyone=20
out there understands the dial-up networking on Linux, do get in touch. H=
ow=20
come it is so easy on Windows, and not on Linux? I'd love to know. Just w=
hat=20
has Redmond got on dialup that the open source community has not?

Thanks.

Kelvin
--=20