[Glastonbury] URGENT MESSAGE from s~TV

Sean Miller glastonbury at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Aug 5 16:41:01 2003

> Apologies to sean and martin as i know you have been working on getting
> a presentation ready for the group.

This is not a problem... we shall do it next time. It's possible that
attendance may have been down tomorrow in any event, due to holidays etc.
so we can probably maximise the audience for the presentation by delaying
it.

Just to let you know what was planned Martin was going to "own" the
infrastructure part of the presentation (ie. Apache configs, php config
etc.) whilst I was going to do a practical demonstration of the
application of relational database technology on the web (designing a
database and then building a php/mysql/apache site to manipulate/use that
database -- built on pre-prepared web templates)...

> I have also been informed that it is likely that we will be stuck for
> the 3rd september. hmmm...

What about Crispin? Do you have any contacts who might be able to let us
use facilities there when, in the future there are problems with St
Dunstans?? Or is that out of the question? We don't technically need PCs
as we have laptops, though a projector ("Beamer") would be useful for
presentations.

> apologies again.
> s~TV leonard-clarke
> 07786637224

What can't be helped can't be helped.... let's see if we can't find some
way to ensure September goes ahead :-)

Sean