[Glastonbury] an idea

Kelvin McNulty glastonbury at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Aug 5 20:59:01 2003

"The proposal is that we seed or create, or support a Linux market place.=
  =20
This created or clarified market has two poles; a London pole and a=20
Glastonbury pole, and between these two axes there is an electronic link=20
(ADSL) and a physical one (roads!)"

Don't forget railways!

Park and ride via Castle Cary...

Bus or drive and ride via Bristol, Bath or Yeovil... the latter may be be=
tter=20
for getting to Southwark which is much nearer Waterloo than Paddington. S=
ome=20
people, I have been told, drive to Templecombe and park there then train =
to=20
Waterloo.

For me, driving to London is OK at rare intervals, but I couldn't be havi=
ng=20
with it often!

The above is about the only possible nitpick I can make in this otherwise=
=20
excellent document... you've given a great deal of thought to this and wo=
rked=20
it out in a very detailed way.

Best,

Kelvin
getting more fluent in SQL (MySQL) almost daily... plenty more to go,=20
though... see http://www.gcircle.co.uk and click What's On for my latest=20
effort, it now (I hope!) correctly shows events in progress such as=20
exhibitions and performance runs while not showing multiday workshops whe=
re=20
you have to be there on the first day... all developed offline using SuSE=
 8.1=20
on my laptop.

Also looking into LAMP for bookkeeping... see separate message.