[Glastonbury] re :speedtouch (here's the url (would be useful))

Sean Miller glastonbury at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Aug 18 22:45:00 2003

Yes, well I've just re-tried and still can't figure the damn thing out.
Won't do anything... and worse, I've got that blasted PCMCIA problem again
(that I have had every time I try to install Linux on this laptop) and
despite the fact I've solved it three times already I still keep forgetting
how to do it....

I know... Linux is meant to be difficult... it is stupid to give people
"next" buttons to press and "wizards" to install things.... it doesn't make
them enlightened, does it? It doesn't prove they are in some way a computing
wizkid! It encourages them to be lazy....

....bah!!...

To be brutally honest I am getting pretty annoyed with Linux... it is not
"clever" or anything else to make things hard... 3 hours of trying to
install a blasted Modem driver just because I am trying to support an open
source operating system, when in Windows it takes 5 minutes??!?

I want my broadband connection to work with Linux... clearly it is possible,
as STv has posted a link from someone who's managed it.... just can't ever
figure out why nobody can get an "easy" install option sorted... I notice
that the one distro that comes close (Lycoris) has now removed their
download ISO option :-(

Sean