[Glastonbury] re :speedtouch (here's the url (would be useful))

Damon Chaplin glastonbury at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Aug 19 12:20:01 2003

Hi Gluggers!

(I've just moved to Glastonbury. A quick intro - I've been working on
Linux stuff for years, mainly on GNOME stuff. I wrote the Glade GUI
builder (http://glade.gnome.org), and used to work for Ximian on the
Evolution mail/calendar app and other bits of GNOME. I'm now unemployed,
working on trying to do decent hyphenation & justification in Pango,
just like TeX.)

On Mon, 2003-08-18 at 22:44, Sean Miller wrote:

[snip]

> I want my broadband connection to work with Linux... clearly it is possible,
> as STv has posted a link from someone who's managed it.... just can't ever
> figure out why nobody can get an "easy" install option sorted... I notice
> that the one distro that comes close (Lycoris) has now removed their
> download ISO option :-(

The UK Linux ISP now supports ADSL, by the way (www.uklinuxadsl.net).
Presumably they've figured out how to get it working with Linux!
I've just asked them which modem they recommend, but am waiting for an answer.

My guess is that the ones that plug into Ethernet ports are easier
to get going, but I'm not sure.

Damon