[Glastonbury] AntiVirus

Martin WHEELER glastonbury at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Aug 22 02:09:36 2003

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003, nick irwin wrote:

> I do have apt for RPM based distributions (mandrake) but unfortunately is
> doesn't like my list of sources (vendors.list), it says there is extra junk
> at the end of file and I havent been able to sort it out.

OK -- so look for a .rpm of chkrootkit from one of the sites providing
.rpm binaries specifically for Mandrake.  (And make sure you know the
correct format of rpm to use to ensure that all dependencies are
downloaded with it :)

> Where do I get this copy of free Zone alarm? I searched but found Nothing.

Zone alarm I know nothing about.  But entering zonealarm into google
should get you there.  (Watch my fingers as I type, grasshopper.)

> > HTH
> Hit the hut?

Hope This Helps.
( http://www.webenet.com/internetglossary.htm )
Truly, O grasshoper, you have much yet to learn.
The years of wandering in the wilderness amongst the barbarians of
Strode have done much irreparable damage; but perseverance will triumph.
mwheeler@startext.co.uk                http://www.startext.co.uk/mwheeler/