[Glastonbury] Strode Meeting

Martin WHEELER mwheeler at startext.co.uk
Fri Dec 5 02:33:42 GMT 2003

On Fri, 5 Dec 2003, tim hall wrote:

>  we have a vested interest in making
> sure that Linux is presented in a good way

Absolutely.
And as advocates, more than just an interest -- almost a duty.

> if a
> member of staff at Strode College wants to introduce Linux to the curriculum,
> that's really up to them.

As someone who did just that, all I can say Tim, is:
  HOW WRONG YOU ARE !!!
I'm not prepared to go into details on this list, but believe me, they
are *horrific*.  You really don't want to know.

> That said it would be unfortunate if Linux got
> presented badly.

And I think this is the nub of the concerns expressed by Nick and
myself.
I personally am not prepared to be a party to, or to help in any way,
anything that is not up to scratch or truly competent -- professionally;
technologically; pedagogically.

Again -- just a personal attitude I have -- put it down to ethics; and a
professional code of conduct.
(You may read into that whatever you want.)

Cheers,