[Glastonbury] Strode Meeting

Nick Irwin nirwin at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Dec 5 00:18:43 GMT 2003

On Friday 05 December 2003 00:12, tim hall wrote:

> Understand your reservations Nick. I don't think this list is a great place
> for making personal comments. I don't know this person and I'm already
> forming an opinion.

Absolutely right, I tried to just speak from experience rather than say Diane
is this or that. I have seen the trouble personal comments can get you into

> Uh? how is it not fair? I personally have not signed up for any courses at
> Strode, mostly because I don't need a course in how to use
> access/excel/MSOffice and they don't offer anything else. Surely GNU should
> be offered as a choice not a replacement for MS, that really wouldn't make
> any sense. I would have thought Linux (or any *nix) would be a better
> choice for anyone who wanted to learn programming and related skills. I
> don't see how greater choice is unfair to students.

Good point, I didn't think of it like that, I automatically assumed a
replacement of MS, yes the choice would definately be a good way to go.

--
Nick Irwin
Term-time E-mail: nirwin at blueyonder.co.uk
Home E-mail: nirwin at pulbah.plus.com