[Glastonbury] wikis

Martin WHEELER mwheeler at startext.co.uk
Sun Dec 7 13:50:34 GMT 2003

On Fri, 5 Dec 2003, Nick Irwin wrote:

> Unfortunately, none.

Sorry to hear, that Nick.

> I know reading the how to use Wiki page is probably a good idea, but I don't
> have the time.

<sigh>I think I'll just go upstairs and have a quiet lie down ...

> I went to the LUGoG one

Err ... which?  [distwiki] or [phpwiki]?

> thought I'd add myself, so under [Martin Wheeler] i put <br>[Nick
> Irwin], the preview showed a question mark which was a link, before my name.
> So I assumed this was because I have no page

Err ... that *was* your page.  Click on the question mark -- which
takes you to your now-created page -- and edit your info.

> I'm not sure how to add a page.

You just did!

> I thought I'd login to see what that allowed me to do

I've been playing around with the login on phpwiki today; you may have
hit it at a time when I was editing the login functions.

> and apparently I can
> use any WikiWord to login. Tell me, whats a WikiWord when it's at home

A WikiWord is *any* lexical item (word) which contains a mixture of
lower case with inital caps, and no intermediate spaces -- e.g.

     NickIrwin  MartinWheeler ThisIsaWikiWord

WikiWords are a conventional way of creating a new page -- just write
the word, and a hyperlink to the appropriate new page is automatically
created.

(You know, not having time to RTFM is causing you serious harm.  Maybe
you should revise your policies on this?)

> How do I login?

See the little box containing the words 'Sign in' ?

Just click on it.  (If you haven't entered any info, you will be
requested to do so.)

[I've actually set up a page for you, just to prove to myself there are
no problems in doing so.]

Havew fun,