[Glastonbury] meeting tomorrow (fwd) RANT

s~TV glastonbury at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Jul 1 22:04:00 2003

hey what is this nit pick business?
get in the real world
kidz have had ms products rammed down their throats since at least since
1993.
if i spent time on semantics and pedagogy i would be told it was all a
load of...
i am just a teacher who has little time but to do my job.
i believe in open source and have fought hard for getting linux into
schools for 3 years.
this is against the GREAT MACHINE within which i work.
please acccept that i speak many languages and understand that things
move very slowly when it comes to the status quo.
i am bound to not please all the people all the time.
i am an advocate of Open Source a la E. Raymond and do not apologise for
any <nit> <pick> mistakes? i have made.
i am writing for a non-ict literate microsoft saturated audience.
most of the refernces to linux ( including "lee-nooks" comes from
offiicial sources )
hey i guess you guys just think i don't know what i'm talking about!
then come along tomorrow and teach me :-)
s~TV