[Glastonbury] Last Nights Meeting

peter glastonbury at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Jul 3 20:53:05 2003

It was good to meet everyone yesterday.It has also showed me how little
i know about most of the software that is on Linux, I tend to learn the
software that i need and don't look at much else!

Can you answer me if i have this correct about MYSQL

SQL is the Database the best way to enter data in a form format is via a
web page. Internet or Intranet
To generate reports from the web page you need to use PHP ?

As i said we have a large Database of jobs weekly time sheets are added
tot eh database and reports generated on total number of hours on a job
month hours. Work in progress nd Various other reports.

Any thoughts on the best way forward?

I look forward to hearing your responses.

How did the install of Red Hat go?

I tried Knoppix a work but X would not start as it could not find a
driver for the card ( i am not surprised as it is a Very High spec card)
Diamond Fire GL2 320 Meg of ram in an IBM intellistation  I have yet to
try it at home.

Se you all next time

regards

Peter Cole