[Glastonbury] interesting meeting_thanx

tim hall glastonbury at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sat Jul 5 14:06:02 2003

s~TV wrote:

> Sean, Martin and Kelvin for the whistle stop tour of  L(inux),
> A(apache), M(ySQL), P(hp)

Thanks for that informative & helpul introduction. I went home and
installed apache & mySQL etc. and I'm finally overcoming my reservations
and getting to grips with PHP (did a kind of glorified 'Hello World'
type exercise last night, successfully!

> -what if we use www.lugog.org as a development site LAMP and WIKI?
> -we could then develop the front end as well.
> -it would be good to have the site as a demo for anyone visiting us.
> -if we all have responsible ownership of the site then no one person
> needs to be "webmaster" and we sgare the load.

My thoughts exactly!
It would be useful to set up WIKIs for persistent List Topics, where any
LUG member who had the time to comiple and paraphrase the relevant
threads could do so adding links and relevant comments as we go.