[Glastonbury] Knoppix

peter glastonbury at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sun Jul 6 16:33:01 2003

Steve Does your copy work OK that you Burnt on Wednesday?

I am afraid that i don't pass Glastonbury very often.
(I Work in Martock as a Design engineer using CAD hence 320 meg graphics
card 512 meg memory and 1.6 Gig swap space and i have run out as well!!!
very big project though using windows and CADKEY software)

I will see if i can pick one up at the next meeting Thanks.

This is one area where Linux is lacking a little in CAD software,

There is Vaircad (commercial) use a trial version seems OK.
I tried open-cascade but ran out of disk space while trying to
./configure, make , make install 14 GIG i know have a 60 gig HD but have
not got around to try yet.
I believe that Catia V5 runs on Linux but at present they have not
released it yet until they get more interest in it. This is in the
£5000-£30000 area of software then you have yearly licencing as well
!!!!

Steve Wrote:

it does sound like a bad copy.
i can do you another copy if you like and you can pick it up from the
school.
let me know when you are passing.
kind regards,
s~TV