[Glastonbury] Knoppix

Martin WHEELER glastonbury at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sun Jul 6 17:35:01 2003

On 6 Jul 2003, peter wrote:

> (I Work in Martock as a Design engineer using CAD hence 320 meg graphics
> card 512 meg memory and 1.6 Gig swap space and i have run out as well!!!

Guess my plans to revive a P100 with 1M of graphics memory (nicked from
32M of system memory) and a 500M hard-drive aren't of much interest to
you then ... :)

> This is one area where Linux is lacking a little in CAD software,

Have you tried CYCAS?  (Don't know whether it's meant to be pronounced
'kick-ass' or not, but it's pretty impressive.)

see their gallery at:     http://www.cycas.de/

[2D; 3D; rendering; direct output to POV-ray.  Materials & architectural
elements libraries.  Funky.  Have a look.]
mwheeler@startext.co.uk                http://www.startext.co.uk/mwheeler/