[Glastonbury] L+A+M+P

Tim Hall glastonbury at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Jul 9 18:40:01 2003

On Tuesday 08 July 2003 19:29, Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:
> vi ?? :) =A0You should find most of what you need under /etc/resolv.con=
> /etc/hosts and /etc/network/interfaces
No, most of the config is managed by debconf so If I edit the /etc files =
with=20
vi I'll confuse the whole thing.

> Tip: /usr/sbin/base-config will rerun the original questions you were
> asked on initial setup.
Right, thankyou. That was kind of the answer I was looking for. I was hop=
ing=20
I could get away with just running the bit related to the network rather =
than=20
reset the whole thing. Could be worse I guess. Thanks.

> >=A0Coyote also has no 'pon' so I'm not sure how to independantly test =
the
> > ppp settings. hum. I'm slowly working my way through the IP-Masquerad=
ing
> > and Firewalling HOWTOs. Hopefully these answers will turn up somewher=
e.

> pon is only a shell script. =A0If the worst comes to the worst
> /usr/share/doc/HOWTO/{whatever}/PPP-HOWTO.gz has a command line you can
> use.
Ah, excellent. Good News.

cheers

tim hall