[Glastonbury] Linux/Mandrake Question

nick irwin glastonbury at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Jul 18 00:35:00 2003

Hello all,

Does anyone know how to get multiple virtual terminals to run X sessions in
Mandrake? I can't think of a clear way of putting this so what I mean is...

The session on Ctrl-Alt-F7 naturally runs the X session on Mandrake, but I
believe you can also have an X session running on the Ctrl-Alt-F6 session at
the same time. I believe Martin once demonstrated this to me.
However after being assured that this ability would be included in Mandrake
8.0, I still find myself with an error message to the effect of 'X server
already running' whenever I try to start another X session.
Does anyone know how to get these multiple X sessions on Mandrake 9.1?

Another question of interest is, is it possible for different user accounts to
use different screen resolutions? If so how? and is anyone aware if Mandrake
lacks this ability?

Cheers

--
Nick Irwin