[Glastonbury] phpmyadmin

s~TV glastonbury at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sat Jul 26 18:25:00 2003

hi guys,
been looking at phpmyadmin today amongst other things (i seem to get so
much more done when its raining outside ;-)

anyway i have come a cropper with my mysql install
upon opening http://localhost i get

"The $cfg['PmaAbsoluteUri'] directive MUST be set in your configuration
file!

Your configuration file contains settings (root with no password) that
correspond to the default MySQL privileged account. Your MySQL server is
running with this default, is open to intrusion, and you really should
fix this security hole."

how do i change this setting for my non root user name?
also where is the mysql configuration file?

i have spent an hour or so looking for this and am running out of
patience.
thought i'd go in and remove root privileges altogether and set up the
non root user account using the interface but just locked myself out
completely.

how do i get back to where i was with a clean install?

if i can track down the config file i think i'll be able to hack from
there.

cheers in advance,
s~TV