[Glastonbury] Delurk

Sean Miller glastonbury at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Jun 11 22:12:04 2003

Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:

>a bare minimum. If it can't be coded in a bare text editor, however,
>it probably needs to be rethought. A good editor for the purpose
>is any that you can use well - the _best_ is vi :)

Yes, there is nothing particularly wrong with "vi" at all.. I have been
using it for 15 years and am quite comfortable with it....

...my webhosts withdrew shell access from my sites recently, though, so
I am now using a package called FTPEditor... again, a fine product...
only $15 to register... and it enables one to escape this GUI WYSIWYG
trap....

>just sell someone "some web space" and they don't ask the obvious
>questions, they get clobbered. [In the same way that you could get
>clobbered at the car auctions when you looking for a sub-?300 car
>unless you were either ultra careful / extremely well informed.]

Am reasonably happy with my webspace at present, and it doestn't cost
much (could not equate it to £/site as I host so many of my own...
loadsa domains...)

Sean