[Glastonbury] Delurk

nick irwin glastonbury at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Jun 12 11:18:09 2003

> > Rob Cornelius wrote:
> > >Just a quick line to introduce myself.  I am a "veteran" web developer
> > >with about 6 years of HTML experience under my belt. I am a fairly
> > >recent convert to Linux having been using it for only a year a or so.

Hello there, always nice to have another one added to this possey.

 On Wed, Jun 11, 2003 at 09:19:16PM +0100, Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:
> I'm just 41.  My first computer was a teletype with a paper tape and
> a big red phone. (1978). My next at school was the prototype RM 380Z.
> They didn't have computers at university, so I had to wait until I was
> 24 for an 4.77MHz 8086 with a 30M hard disk.  But if you tell that to
> young folk now, they'd never believe you ... :)

Wow I must be the youngest on the list, cause that meant NOTHING to me. I
heard Martins stories of how he had to write programs on punch cards that
were put into the computer over night etc. but I reckon you're all making it
up :)

My first computer was a P75 with Windows 95 installed... Sometimes I wonder
which of us got a better start in the computing world.

--
Nick Irwin
E-Mail: nirwins_bong@lineone.net