[Glastonbury] html

Sean Miller glastonbury at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Jun 12 20:48:00 2003

s~TV wrote:

>.css
>
>i have ltd experience with it but
>enough to get you hacking methinks:
>i also have a couple of books all about it, however one is based around
>proprietry dreamweaver: (just port the knowledge to OSS)
>i'll bring them along next time:

I think the point is that we need to know the currently HTML standards.

It actually bemuses me that <font> tags are now out etc. etc. etc. -- so
why do most WYSIWYG editors fill their pages with them!??!?!?

css is very easy... easier than anything else, really... you just define
your classes and then use them... what could be simpler than that?

but of course we have all the advanced features like absolute
positioning of images etc. etc. -- now, there's something that we could
really do with an expert to come and lecture at a GLUG meeting someday soon.

Sean