[Glastonbury] Another company recognizes Liux is HERE!

s~TV glastonbury at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Jun 23 18:33:00 2003

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
hi,<br>
i also have been playing with 2 that are VERY good and are "visual"
although i am not convinced this is the best way to learn the
fundamentals of programming.<br>
c++ has to be the route????<br>
anyway before i rant these 2 are VisualSlickEdit <a
 class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.slickedit.com">http://www.slickedit.com</a><br>
and Revolution &nbsp;<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
 href="http://www.runrev.com/revolution">http://www.runrev.com/revolution</a><br>
both work on linux and windoze ;-)<br>
also while i'm on, Duncan <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
 href="mailto:starline.design@ukonline.co.uk">starline.design@ukonline.co.uk</a>
has produced a flyer for our next gathering<br>
find it at <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://lugog.org">http://lugog.org</a>
and in your friendly local business soon.<br>
<b><br>
(btw tim you mentioned you were local and have enthusiasm and i am one
for building on people's willingness to co-op.<br>
do u have a phone number i can phone u?<br>
it would be good to get these flyers into the local cafes and library
a.s.a.p<br>
i'm a bit tied up most days.)</b><br>
see u all on the 2nd july ~<br>
i'll be there from 6pm (lol)<br>
s~TV<br>
Maurice Onmaplate wrote:<br>
 cite="mid20030623165700.57901.qmail@web11304.mail.yahoo.com">
  <pre wrap="">Hi,

I've been doing some programming in Alaska's xBase++
for Windows.  I'm only an amateur, but wished this was
available for Linux.  It is much better than Visual
Basic, although their next release was to be called
Visual xBase, a mistake in my view.

Last week they announced a rethink.  Still Visual, but
Linux and .NET support.

<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.alaska-software.com/">http://www.alaska-software.com/</a>

I've only just seen it though.

Steve