[Glastonbury] first meeting

Steve Leonard-Clarke sTV at fractalsoup.org
Sun May 4 16:43:01 2003

hi folks,
i have spoken to the site manager who has reminded me that the school is
open until 9.30pm most week days

that would allow us to have the linux room until 9pm.

how do people feel?

i thought the first wednesday of each month between 6 and 9pm.

let me know and i'll set it up with the Head next week.

this would make the first meeting the 4th of June 2003
and then 2nd July

then its august and the school is available during the day then anyway.

at least we can all meet and get the LUG off the ground.
if everyone is on for the 4th June and the school agree i'll let the
press know and announce it in the newsletter.

also i am gathering hardware at the moment:
donated acorns from martin and steve (cheers)
the rest below are a museum i have collected over the years which i am
keen for the LUG to use and get hacking on.

2 486 hewlett packard multimedia machines
2 pentium 133hz towers
1 pentium 233hz desktop
1 k6 tower
i also have a few bits and pieces graphics cards, dvd cards, sound
cards, network cards old modems that we play with.

i will put together an inventory over the next few days and mark up all
the hardware for use with the lUG.

it will be good to pool resources ~ any old bits you've got lying around
could be used (memory especially)

software as well :
i have got linux format dvd archives going back to february 2002
(Tetrabytes of stuff!!!)
as well as a library of distros

Mandrake : 7.0, 8.1, 8.2, 9.0, 9.1
Redhat : 6.0, 7.0, 7.1, 7.2,
Caldera : 2.2, 2.4
ZipSlack :
Debian : 2.2, 3.0
FreeBSD : 4.4
Turbo : 7.0
Storm : "Rain" release
Definite : 7.0
Knoppix : 3.1
Demo Linux : 3.0
Linux from scratch : Kernel 2.4
SmoothWall : 0.9.9
SMEServer : v5.0
Linux for Kids : version 1.1
Slackware: 8.0, 8.1
Stampede Linux : Edition 3 with Tiny Linuxes
i don't have SuSE though!

what do you guys have?
it would be good to set up a database of stuff we already have and who
has it.
anyone any good with MySQL?

anyway let me know about the 4th june.

peace,