[Glastonbury] Fw: hello all

Nick Irwin nirwin at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Nov 3 12:49:09 GMT 2003

On Saturday 01 Nov 2003 17:24, Nick Palmer wrote:
>   Hi all,
Hello palmer, glad to see another space cadet here.

>   im a new member to this list and would just like to say hello, i have
> played with linux a little bit, favouring mostly towards the Mandrake side
> of life at the moment.

Why would anyone favour anything other than Mandrake? I use it too but am
seriously considering trying out Debian, but would like to use a seperate
hard drive to do it, but cant afford one.

>   I use my Windows machine for games, for which the hardware inside is
> geared towards, but am looking to switch mostly, or totally away from a
> microsoft machine.
Yep the ONLY reason I still have Windows is for my games, it takes a while to
get everything working the way you want in linux but you certainly can get
there.

I imagine you have much the same Linux needs as me so if I can be of any
assistance feel free to mail me. In fact I have got a number of games working
under Linux (UT2003, Jedi Outcast, Americas Army etc), so I could try and
help you out with that if you need it.

Take it easy brother

Oh and do you have any MSN messenger account? I know MSN are the enemy but its
what my friends use and there is a clone called AMSN which is the best
instant messaging client for Linux (IMO), but only supports the MSN protocol,
if not I will have to start using GAIM again which I hate

--
Nick Irwin
Term-time E-mail: nirwin at blueyonder.co.uk
Home E-mail: nirwin at pulbah.plus.com