[Glastonbury] OpenOffice.org 1.1

steve at fractalsoup.org steve at fractalsoup.org
Mon Nov 3 22:13:55 GMT 2003

since february 2003 openoffice is the default office application at st
dunstan's:
ie: we will no longer buy ms office licenses and via the thin client
setup and nt network (as it works on lots of platforms) the kidz get to
use it.
also we can copy it for a minimal fee (50p) to give to students to use
at home.
as it takes less than 100mbytes i can also put on other
free/gnu/open/(win32) apps they can use
notably the gimp, audacity, mozilla, thunderbird etc:
re OO.org look to http://www.theingots.org
i am hoping to introduce this across the whole school (staff and
students using OpenOffice)
s~TV

ps:
martin i do not have the morphix disc you spoke of but will have a look
at the school.
i am sure between us we will be able to track morphix down.
see u all *this* weds