[Glastonbury] OpenOffice.org 1.1

Nick Irwin nirwin at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Nov 5 10:39:04 GMT 2003

On Monday 03 Nov 2003 22:14, steve at fractalsoup.org wrote:
> since february 2003 openoffice is the default office application at st
> dunstan's:
> ie: we will no longer buy ms office licenses and via the thin client
> setup and nt network (as it works on lots of platforms) the kidz get to
> use it.
> also we can copy it for a minimal fee (50p) to give to students to use
> at home.

This sounds ideal, I am really hoping to get the IT department to just install
it on the Windows machines at Uni, but I bet they don't.

It will be great for the students to be using free GNU stuff at schools and
will hopefully encourage some interest in Linux and means that families won't
have to pirate or spend loads of money so their kids can work at home

Gonna swap the Operating System over to Linux soon?

--
Nick Irwin
Term-time E-mail: nirwin at blueyonder.co.uk
Home E-mail: nirwin at pulbah.plus.com