[Glastonbury] yucky communication modes

Sean Miller sean at seanmiller.net
Sat Nov 8 21:45:00 GMT 2003

> Sorry folks.  The idea of poncing around behind a silly name and
> indulging in the chat techniques of 14 year old schoolgirls really isn't
> my bag.

Interesting perspective on IM

Certainly not how most people perceive it, but it is a view and should be
considered.... I find IM to be a very useful way to keep in touch with
people that I need to get instant answers from.

Sure beats e-mail.... I can log on at 8am in the morning and pretty much
*know* that I can have a realtime conversation with people who can make
decisions for me.

My Mensa newsletter would not get published on time, take it from me, if I
did not have IM contact with the important people. When you have about 36
hours to turn a newsletter from idea into reality you *need* that instant
contact.