[Glastonbury] Mandrake 9.2 - why the warning?

Nick Irwin nirwin at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Nov 10 15:17:16 GMT 2003

On Sunday 09 November 2003 22:18, Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:
> Nick,
>
> The 9.2 from this month's Linux Format works for me with an Nvidia TNT2
> with 16M of memory and the distribution installs OK.

Doesn't work for my NVidia Gefore4 mx 440. And many have said that it is
because the kernel has no nvidia architecture support in the kernel. And the
RPM from mandrakeclub does basically say that it adds nvidia support to the
kernel
Why it works for your NVidia I may never know, though if I did that could help
me solve the problem.

> If you mean "poor 3D performance because tweaked NVidia driver not
> available" - find someone in the Mandrake Club to get it for you?

I dont mean poor performance, i mean X wont start. And yeah getting a mandrake
club member to get it for me does seem like a good idea, I just don't know
any.

> If you know the name of the .rpm Google for it and see if it's available
> for download elsewhere?

Yep did that, but what with it being such a new release, nobody else seems to
have it yet. So im patiently waiting