[Glastonbury] Newbie to Glastonbury LUG

tim hall tech at glastonburymusic.org.uk
Sun Oct 5 00:57:44 BST 2003

Why, oh why do I rise to the bait?

On Friday 03 October 2003 23:07, Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:
> Technicolour vi - HEATHEN PROFLIGATE.
> vi nust be white/green on black in either 40 or 80 columns.
> And, for those backsliders who think differently - there _is_ no other
> editor but vi. [EMACS = Eighty megs and constantly swapping :) ]

There is, agreed, no other editor but vi (Except for NEdit under X };-).
I actually rather liked the technicolour version - I like syntax
highlighting, one of the things I most associate with Linux is the use of
ASCII colour on the terminal/console screen. Is that done through vi's config
file?

cheers

tim hall