[Glastonbury] 2nd hand PCS / equipment

tim hall tech at glastonburymusic.org.uk
Mon Oct 6 02:12:19 BST 2003

On Sunday 05 October 2003 23:47, Martin WHEELER wrote:
> Then I hope they're supplying them with a properly GP licensed OS and
> associated apps -- and not pushing them goodies to get them hooked for
> life on commercial proprietary systems which they will never be able to
> afford without breaking the software licensing laws which constrain
> their use?

You can bet they're supplying them with Windoze. They don't honestly have
anything which would be much use unless you don't have a computer at all.
Yes, I'm sure they /would/ appreciate any donations, but somebody prepared to
knock out cheap systems to the local community without any software at all,
such as Alistair, for instance, is probably providing a more useful service.

More machines to practice installing Debian on :-)
Oooh, can you smell burning?
Sean, you rise to the bait /so/ beautifully };-] *giggle*

cheers

tim hall