[Glastonbury] Newbie to Glastonbury LUG

Martin WHEELER mwheeler at startext.co.uk
Mon Oct 6 21:16:22 BST 2003

On Mon, 6 Oct 2003, Sean Miller wrote:

>  my argument is that to use Linux you
> should not *need* to have spent 20 hours a day for 20 years installing
> stuff... *anybody* should be able to do it quickly, intuitively, and should
> end up with a stable implementation that will last.

Yeah, yeah, I agree, Sean.

I mean, like anyone should just be able to get onto a cross-channel
ferry and drive it from Dover to Calais -- I mean, piece o' piss, innit?
Same with Boeings -- what's with the exclusivity of these bloody pilots
-- anyone should just be able to walk on and fly the bloody thing,
right?

I mean, computers are just toys, aren't they?  They aren't used for
anything serious, are they?  Like, nobody's life depends on knowing how
to use them properly, or anything, does it?  I mean, like, it's just
press the button and go, innit?  And if it doesn't go, well just blow it
all away and re-install.  OK, that could *maybe* be a wee bit of a
problem at 60 000 feet when the fly-by-wire gets its wires crossed...

> Debian sucks! That's all there is to it...

[Readers of this list should be aware that the author of the above has
just told me 'viva voce' that he "doesn't do flame wars".
Ha!
See if I ever offer to fix his festering laptop for him again!
Deliberately blow my nose all over it, more like!]