[Glastonbury] ibm advert

Martin WHEELER mwheeler at startext.co.uk
Thu Oct 9 15:21:42 BST 2003

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003, Maurice Onmaplate wrote:

> It would have more impact if it was written in prope
> English.

Hmmm.  Make that: 'proper', will you?

> most unique - it's either unique or not, most unique
> is meaningless.

Agreed.  But with the current standards of literacy in British schools,
what do you expect?  Kids are forced to read Microsoft capitalization on
every screen (You Know, Where Every Freaking Word Is Capitalized);
failing that, their friends' abysmal texting style.

> "It's unprecedented integration."

The consistent mis-spelling of 'its' as 'it's' where the genitive case
is intended is so overwhelming as to be almost standard practice.
('Should of' and 'definately' are two others which most teachers can no
longer be bothered to flag as appalling errors, either.)

footnote:  The fist dickhead to comment on my use of the '-ization'
spelling convention will be directed to the OED.