[Glastonbury] ibm advert

Sean Miller sean at seanmiller.net
Thu Oct 9 08:30:07 BST 2003

> most unique - it's either unique or not, most unique
> is meaningless.

Well, technically... but you're being a little pedantic

"That Steve, he's one of the most unique characters I know" is not an
uncommon use of English (in fact, having met you I am sure that it is
heard on the streets of Plymouth most days... ;-))

> "It's unprecedented integration."
>
> How can it be "unprecedented integration".  It may
> have it, but it is not.

Again, classical English versus English in day-to-day usage (especially
amongst marketeers)...

"The LUGOG... it is unrivalled enthusiasm, it is furious debate, it is
everything that is good about the world - and some more"

Toodle pip!