[Glastonbury] Mandrake 9.2

tim hall tech at glastonburymusic.org.uk
Tue Oct 28 20:14:27 GMT 2003

Hi all,

On Tuesday 28 October 2003 19:42, peter wrote:
> I am up for my laptop to be used for a kernel update at a meeting. So
> it's there to play with.

That would be good. Steve expressed an interest an kernel compilation a while
back, although that's a bigger issue. Would be worth a meeting or two tho'.

> If like me every one is getting fed up with spam, after 10 days of not
> checking emails i had 920 of which 30 were ones i wanted to get . I am
> running a filters on Ximian Evolution, this got the mail down to 220 but
> is still had to down load them all.

I don't get /that/ much spam! Nevertheless, I'd like to cut down on all of it
if possible :-]

> I know their are filters for Linux
> could we have a meeting on setting them up ? in a server situation and a
> stand alone machine. Any way of checking before downloading from the pop
> server ?  Could this be integrated in to a meeting

I'll second that.
Is it true that you have to set up a local mailserver to use spamassassin
with fetchmail and sendmail. Seems very complicated just to filter emails.

cheers

tim hall