[Glastonbury] Java

Nick Irwin nirwin at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Oct 26 21:02:11 GMT 2003

Hello all,

I have a problem which has been REALLY bugging me for a while.

I have installed the latest Java Runtime Environment.
And in all honesty all works well.... for root.
Yet every time a page uses java, my usual account gets the msg:

This page contains information of a type (application/x-java-vm) that can only
be viewed with the appropriate Plug-in.
Click OK to download Plugin.

So I willingly click OK and it downloads the software (AGAIN) and tells me it
cant install it because access is denied (i'm not root).

I have also downloaded the self extracting binary from the site and installed
it in my user account and restarted Mozilla, but to no avail.

Does anyone have any ideas/experience/suggestions that might help with this
problem?

Thanks very much
--
Nick Irwin