[Glastonbury] (no subject)

james bobbett glastonbury at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sun Sep 7 10:15:01 2003

>> For someone wwho hates the big corporations like MS, I'm surprised
>> you suggest PC World ;-(

>From Tom's extremely general request, it was hard to tell exactly what
>sort of kit he was after.

As always...needs an experienced 'techie' type to 'guess' the
requirement

>Sorry Jim -- didn't know you did CDs as well.
>But glad you put your address and phone number on file -- it's always
>useful for all of us.

>And, hey -- PC World can be a source of *real* cheapies at times (and I

>mean, _really cheap_ stuff :o), particularly when they're selling off
>end-of-line boxes. (Try about 8 weeks before Christmas, fr'instance.)

PC world are never 'really cheap', just end of line.. and you still have
to travel at least 35 miles round trip minimum to get those
'bargins'..not!

I do the lot and generally have 'previously enjoyed' kit in a box
alongside the new stuff in stock, if not, can get it very quickly.

Always worth a call, even to compare those all important prices. Many
businesses lose sight that the customer may just know a little more than
they credit them for, this is where a 'local' business went wrong and
paid the price.

Love it or hate it, Microsoft is still the preferred platform for those
who are not informed and that ain't going to change overnight. We can
only convert at any possibility that presents itself.

Yours, always open minded for all platforms

James