[Glastonbury] free & open

tech (lug) glastonbury at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Sep 19 19:41:00 2003

Good Work Steve,

This is a valid point. The term "open source" sounds a lot more 'proper'.=
=20
Sadly "free" does have those connotations, so when it comes to=20
advertising/explaining Linux/GNU/etc to people who have never come across=
 it=20
before it's a useful way of describing things. However it is good to expl=
ain=20
that there is in fact a difference once people have gained an initial=20
understanding.
Just my 2p

cheers

tim hall